The firm’s environmental team is composed of attorneys with a multidisciplinary background, led by main partner Ana Carolina Famá, specialized in Environmental and in Maritime Law.
We provide counseling and litigation services in the environmental field involving civil, administrative and criminal matters.
Among the services we provide, we highlight the following:
- Strategic support in complex licensing processes, waste management, contaminated areas and environmental liabilities;
- Review of company practices in order to reach compliance with Brazilian environmental legislation;
- Legal due diligence for the sale or acquisition of assets and/or equity holdings in various fields of the economy, including the construction industry, agribusiness, mining, energy, waste, sanitation, infrastructure and ports;
- Legal opinions with the analysis of operational risks and of liabilities upon acquisitions;
- Devising strategies and solutions for situations involving potential damage to the environment, acting in every step of the process: elaborating the defense strategy, drafting settlement agreements and acting before governmental bodies (environmental and regulatory agencies, public prosecutors and the judiciary system) until reaching compliance, combining the technical aspects with our legal expertise;
- Developing projects of public concessions in general, with a focus on those of an environmental and social character;
Development of socio environmental projects, working alongside the third sector and waste management associations.
Administrative Law and Regulatory Compliance
Banking, Financial Markets and Foreign Exchange
Competition and Antitrust
Compliance and Corporate Governance
Corporate and M&A
Digital – New Technologies – Integrity
Family and Succession Planning
Foreign Trade, Customs Law and Commercial Defense